Experts recommend that everyone over the age of 18 receive a hearing test every three years to ensure their hearing is where it should be. Since hearing loss can be gradual, many patients don’t know their hearing is diminishing until it’s too late to correct. Keep reading to find out if it’s time to set up a hearing test in California:
- There’s a ringing in your ears: A constant ringing in your ears is known as tinnitus, and it’s a leading indicator that you need to schedule a hearing exam. Tinnitus is relatively common in seniors, but rarer for children and younger adults. Regardless of age, it’s a good idea to come in for an exam if you’re experiencing any prolonged ringing.
- You often ask people to repeat themselves: Constantly saying “what?” or “pardon me?” throughout your daily conversations is one of the top signs that you need a hearing test. A quick hearing test will determine if you need assistive listening devices that’ll stop you from asking people to repeat themselves.
- You have trouble keeping up in conversations: Always asking “what?” may be embarrassing for some people. For that reason, they might stop asking and just go along without hearing bits and pieces of the conversation. Needless to say, that’s a quick way to get lost, and you might have difficulties catching back up. Getting that hearing test ensures that you won’t miss a beat when you’re talking to friends and family.
- You have struggles hearing in loud places: We all have trouble hearing when we’re at a concert or other super-loud venues. However, most people don’t have a serious problem hearing in restaurants or other crowded rooms. If you’re having trouble picking out individual sounds when you’re in a busy public place, your hearing is probably deteriorating, and you certainly need to get it tested.
- You can’t hear everyday sounds: Can you still hear birds chirping outside your window or the wind rustling through the trees? If not, you’re likely experiencing some hearing loss. Missing sounds like these, alarm clocks or other everyday noises is a top sign that it’s time for an ear exam in California. Get one sooner rather than later so you can get back to life as normal!
- You have to turn up the volume: If you constantly have to turn up the volume on the TV or radio, either the speaker on your device is broken or your hearing is suffering. Assuming it’s the latter, come in for a hearing test. Depending on the results, we can fit you for a set of hearing aids that’ll ensure you can hear everything just fine without cranking up the volume.
If any of the signs above apply to you, we recommend scheduling a hearing test. We offer free hearing tests in California at Valley Hearing Center – Salinas, so give us a call to set up an appointment today. If it turns out that your hearing is less than perfect, we can fit you for affordable hearing aids. Reach out to learn about your options!
Categorised in: Hearing Tests
This post was written by Writer