According to some studies, it’s estimated that more than 20 million people worldwide have some form or level of hearing loss. However, that number does not match up with the small number of hearing aids purchased globally. Not everyone wants to wear hearing devices, while others are taking more invasive or more natural approaches. Some people deal with hearing issues by inquiring about the possibility of surgery—or getting fitted with a hearing aid device—but can you really reverse hearing loss in California naturally?
Here’s a quick look at seven natural remedies you might want to try for hearing loss:
- Remove blockages: Conductive hearing loss is one of the most common types of hearing issues. Depending on your particular situation, there’s a chance to regain some or most of your hearing. If the problem is a clogged ear, then removing the blockage may bring hearing back to near normal. Common problems include infections, wax impaction, a foreign object and abnormal growths.
- Brain games: The auditory cortex of the brain can run into issues if it’s unable to process incoming information properly. There’s a connection between speech and hearing. So, one way to improve your auditory skills is to improve your speech processing abilities. Try brain games that require you to both listen and speak.
- Essential oils: Research has not proven that sensorineural hearing loss can be treated or reversed with essential oils. However, they do contain properties that can help the body fight whatever is causing trouble.
- Echinacea: This popular herb offers a host of health benefits. It boosts the immune system, fights off cold symptoms and is known to combat viruses that can cause inner ear infections. Echinacea works hard to enhance good hearing by reducing inflammation of the sinus and ear tissues.
- Ginger: Ginger has been used as a natural remedy for centuries. It has antibiotics and antiviral components that are essential in preventing infections that often lead to hearing loss. What’s more is that ginger can regulate and activate nerves that facilitate sound transmission waves to the brain.
- Ginkgo biloba: Many people know that ginkgo biloba can benefit memory. It facilitates blood platelet production, meaning it can take on hearing issues very effectively. Ginkgo aids in proper blood circulation throughout the body, and particularly in the ear tissues—good blood circulation in the ears means they can function more efficiently. Finally, this herb can also help to relieve ringing in the ears.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is considered one of the best medicinal herbs on the planet. It contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties, which is why it can offer value to body and brain functions, including hearing, digestion, blood circulation and more. In addition to all these benefits, turmeric is also rich in potassium, which plays an important role in facilitating healthy ear function.
Don’t let hearing loss in California get you down. When you’re struggling to hear, reach out to the team of auditory specialists at Valley Hearing Center – Salinas. Get in touch today to schedule an appointment for a free hearing test!
Categorised in: Hearing Tests
This post was written by admin